View Single Post
Old 18-10-2019, 01:55 PM #5115
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Nobody voted to make us poorer, to make our food less safe, to take away the rights of our workers though. Kicking ourselves in the bollocks was not campaigned for. A terrible deal that will inevitably lead to a no deal at the end of 2020.

Politicians have a duty to defend and protect it's citizenry, not rubber stamp bad ideas into bad law.
At this point, I think it has to happen. To be honest, I think projecting forwards a bit, a revoke at this point could be even more of a disaster than No Deal. My general feel of the political climate is that revoke would spark a MASSIVE surge to the right that would be heavily reflected in upcoming General Elections and we could end up with a genuinely scary hardline government that would make Boris and co look like childsplay. Brexit in some form has to happen, simply for appeasement, and that's awful but it is where we are. Would a delay and better deal be better? Yes, if it was realistic, but I just can't see a path to that? It would be a delay and then exactly the same scenario with exactly the same stumbling blocks, over and over.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote