View Single Post
Old 17-11-2019, 04:46 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
General Election poll frenzy will deliver Royal Mail a £30million bonus

Royal Mail could receive a £30million windfall from the General Election as the increasingly bitter battle between the political parties continues to escalate.

City broker Peel Hunt said the ‘volume boost’ for the company from electioneering mail and postal votes will come nicely ahead of the critical Christmas trading period when the firm employs around 18,000 casual workers to handle extra post.

It follows Royal Mail’s successful injunction of a strike led by the Communication Workers Union last week, preventing a damaging December walkout.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ion-bonus.html

workers would have chucked this cash bonanza away in order to strike?
You bet! I thought you knew better than most about workload, what makes you think that on top of the building Christmas traffic and Black Friday etc Posties would be overjoyed at having to deliver to every house every day for about £30 quid extra in their pay, and let me tell you going to approx 1200 properties every day with election ****e is no easy task! And please don't waste your time coming back with rubbish like it's your job get on with it cos I'd like to see you do it! I've personally walked over 6.5 million steps in last 12 months, how about you..bout 500 back n forth to Post Office?
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote