Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default A question for TIBB?

Admittedly you might think that this question is silly (it probably is tbf) but do you think that it's undemocratic if Brexit doesn't happen? And if so then what is your opinion of Donald Trump being President despite having less votes than Hilary Clinton? Do you think it's just as undemocratic as cancelling Brexit, more undemocratic than cancelling Brexit? Or more Democratic than cancelling Brexit?

I ask this question because I personally tend to catch quite a few people in this country moan about "remainers stopping Brexit from happening which is undemocratic as the people voted for it" which to some extent I understand the thinking behind that, but then in the same breath if you ask some (not all I know) of these Brexiters what they think of Donald Trump they'll say that they like him and it's "Who the people want" when it's factually incorrect as he received 3 million votes less than Hilary Clinton at the Presidential Election.

It's not meant as a witch hunt btw if it comes across that way, I'm genuinely curious as to why Brexiters (on average) are more okay with Trump being President of the United States against the people's wishes. And why the Remainers (Again on average) tend to be more okay with cancelling Brexit despite the majority of the UK voting for it? Speaking for myself I'm not happy that NI and Scotland are being forced to leave the EU against their will, I personally believe that if all of the UK countries are equal then NI and Scotland should've been allowed to veto the idea of leaving the EU imo as it's a dramatic change being forced on them against their will. Also I've not been convinced yet that Brexit will be good for the working class of the UK either, but I hope to be wrong like I usually am on these things.

And unlike General Elections, if Brexit does go wrong we can't after 4 or 5 years just change our minds and go back to the way things were, where as imo the USA could've let the people have what they wanted and then if Hilary wasn't working out the American people could've then voted her out when she was trying for her second term.

I apologise for the extremely long post, and I know that anything to do with Brexit has probably gone around in circles at this point. But I am curious to know if anyone agrees with me about Brexit vs Donald Trump's illegitimate Presidency imo.

Poll will be coming shortly?

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote