View Single Post
Old 28-11-2019, 12:48 PM #12
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
I just see you with this negative attitude about millions of people that you see as one community but I don't think that's fair at all. I have a negative attitude towards ANYONE who would make any kind of cut on a child, to me it's all horrific and I don't think that ONLY FGM should be talked about.
Well, you don't know anything about me, only what you read on here. You know nothing about my thoughts on the Muslim community, here in this country, or in the Middle East where I frequently work. So you don't know much about me either, just a bunch of assumptions you've made. If you want to talk to me, fine. But if you're going to have a dig every time, don't bother.

Cutting a boy's foreskin is often done for hygiene reasons and when they are a baby. There's extremely rarely any risk involved. And if you disagree with it, then that's fine. You are entitled.

FGM is when they hold down a young girl, with no anaesthetic, and an unqualified person cuts off her clitoris. They often use razor blades or sharpened bits of tin can and often in unsanitary conditions and infections are common. Then they sew her up so that she can only piss and bleed. All kinds of problems ensue especially with sex and childbirth and often in places where medical attention is out of the reach of most women. Over 100,000 girls in the UK have gone through this, millions worldwide. In the last year more than 5,000 girls went through FGM in the UK even though it is illegal here. Only one was prosecuted.

But hey... let's always include the boys in a discussion about FGM.

Last edited by Livia; 28-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote