View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 AM #31

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Great episode. Terrible result. Elaine gets a lot of my praise this episode for disproving the idea that she exists in the game solely to serve the interests of pre-select winner Tommy Sheehan. Instead, that accolade belongs to Dean. Had he kept his mouth shut this tribal council we would've seen a Tommy blindside and then God-only-knows which F3 formation at the end.

After losing Missy two episodes ago and Karishma this week, the number of likable characters is dwindling slightly. No one offends me per sé; I just have a hard time being excited by Janet, Tommy or Dan (all of which now have the upper hand of the numbers)...

1. Karishma (+2) - Queen!
2. Noura (-1) - I stan this messy freak but although Dean was the one who spilled the Tommy blindside plan I still kinda blame Noura for spooking him prior to the TC. Last week I thought she was a contender to win the whole show. After this week, I don't think Noura can place higher than 3rd.
-
3. Dean (+1) - Dean has consistently proven himself to be a questionable decision-maker, and that's ok! He definitely turned the entire story of this episode on its head right at the last minute which I hate him for BUT ONLY BECAUSE I was excited to see Tommy get the chop. Dean, whether intentionally or not, makes for good viewing.
4. Elaine (+1) - I loved her this episode! I was left a bit underwhelmed when she misplayed her idol because I know that she came off looking worse than Dean to the majority of 4, so she's probably next out~
5. Lauren (-3) - She's so dramatic I still like her but I find her style of gameplay quite aggressive and I tend to be drawn more to people who benefit from their own good will, whereas Lauren just wants success because she thinks she deserves it.
-
6. Janet (+1) - Aside from the Kellee/Jamal boot episodes Janet has remained in the background where I'm happy for her to stay tbh. Not much else to remark about ha!
-
7. Tommy (-1) - Tommy's sense of entitlement rubbed me the wrong way this episode. His demeanor has changed drastically on the two occasions where he has come under fire and discovered that he'll receive votes. What's funny to me is how hard he takes it. Why are you too great to receive votes at T/C but will happily try to dispose of Karishma every week as if she's less deserving than you of being there? Boy bye.
-
8. Dan (+1) - Dirty Dan showing how classy he is once again when, in the presence of his 13y/o son and three other strangers, he decided to badmouth the four castaways who stayed back at the beach. Not since Dan from World's Apart have I seen someone on Survivor with the unparalleled ability to portray themselves in a negative manner every time they open their mouth to say something.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote