BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The last Ghostbusters was decent, it only got the hatred it did because of misogyny and if this newest film is bad, you'll see the difference in the level of hatred between the two because this one won't have a baying crowd of misogyny hating it as soon as the cast is fully announced.
Eh, I thought it was crap, and that had nothing to do with misogyny. I just thought it was loud and annoying. To disregard all dislike for the film as being misogynist is a bit closed minded tbh. Sure, some of it was, but I don't think it's the majority.

The main character of this film seems to be a little girl, her black girl friend, a single mother ... along with Stranger Things and Paul Rudd. It's still getting a good reaction.

ETA:

Woman-starring films like Hustlers, Bridesmaids, and The Heat don't get hate, because they're not awful.

So is it a problem with "geek culture"? Alien movies, Terminator movies, Resident Evil movies, Hunger Games movies, Lucy, Golden Compass .... none of these get hate. Alice from RE is a literal Mary Sue, and the movies are nothing like the games! No-one hates Princess Leia, Padme, Hermione, or says that Janine ruins Ghostbusters.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 17-12-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote