View Single Post
Old 19-12-2019, 11:06 AM #438

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I thought this season was amazing. I'm surprised so many people here have such negative things to say about it considering it clearly generated a lot of talking points. The cast was extremely likable (minus Dan) so if your biggest gripe with season 39 were characters as painfully inoffensive as Tommy f*ing Sheehan then I think that's a good result!

There's a very stark difference that exists between visibility and tokenism. Does it really matter that the season was won by a white male? Does it matter that Noura got 0 votes and this was the fourth season this has happened? It sounds like a cliché but Survivor is a microcosm of real life and the winner wasn't picked by production, he wasn't picked by the viewing public, he was picked by the people who have gotten to know him over 39 days and who valued his game more over literally TWO others (both of which were goats anyway tbh). Lauren and Missy, two African-American women, were both taken out for being such huge threats (Missy physical; Lauren social), so to discredit the season/show in general simply because the winner does not come from your preferred demographic is silly.

A black winner does not make a good season.
A female winner does not make a good season.
Just ask Ghost Island and San Juan Del Sur~
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote