BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
umm No

forest fires have Always been there basically, and it's not bc of climate change but more evil people who cause that (like farmers in brazil with the amazon rainforest, or many of the fires in California because of hot weather and when you then go BBQ or smoking and throwing a lit cigarette away causes a fire, Australia well most of that country has experienced drought for a very long time, that combined with also not much rainfall activity causes a forest fire to get out of control real fast)

the heat records, well in the 70's there were also very very hot days my mom told me last summer so that has also been there for quite some time

2 years ago we had the drought problem, right but last year we had more rainfall, also caused some floodings i believe i can remember in britain yes
It's the second worst fire in recorded history, with it having burned 12 million acres so far, the only one worse than it was the Siberian Taiga Fires in 2003 which burned 47 million acres. Both of these fires are within the last 17 years, and lets not forget, modern forest fire techniques are now in place, which lessen the spread of fires, whereas back in the 70s, the techniques were lacking and the fires still didnt get this bad.