BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The oceans are the biggest CO2 scrubber (much moreso than green spaces on land) but of course, global warming is also altering ocean temperatures and currents which is ****ing everything up there too.
Oh I'd never say the trees are the only thing giving us oxygen, just that destroying them doesn't exactly help. Plus, the things green spaces are replaced with increase CO2, so it's a double whammy.

Quote:

I mentioned nuclear being the current absolute best option we have in another thread recently but it's not a popular opinion. Ironically, the heavy favouring of renewables over nuclear is only prolonging reliance on classic fossil fuels to the point where it'll be too late.

Renewable energy is definitely the future but we're not there yet for it to be a viable full replacement. But nuclear has been demonised to the point of being a political hot potato... Governments know its the best option short term, to quickly reduce fossil fuel use until viable "green" tech can meet demand, but voters dislike it so...
Even nuclear isn't completely clean, with the mining of uranium. But it's better than most other options.

If I was down with conspiracy theories, I'd think the timing of the release of Cherbonyl was fishy

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote