View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 AM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
This story has really got under my skin.

Idk how to word this, but to the female members on here, how does it make you feel when you read stories about women being raped? which is too much of a common thing nowadays. Obviously you're going to feel all kinds of anger/disgust, etc but until now, I've never felt this strongly about a story involving rape, which is probably because I have never been able to put myself into the victim's shoes (female). I'm probably rambling on but this whole thing is just so scary :/
...obviously each story has its differences, so it’s impossible to completely generalise... but it can often make me feel quite despaired, quite deflated...and very, very sad that the judgement on females in things like rape is still not ‘equal’ and nowhere near...I think the sentencing for instance on Reynhard Sinaga is justice being served for the severity of his crimes...his actions have shown his danger to society and he should never be released from prison...but I can’t help but think of the contrast of the sentencing for John Worboys...I know that his parole wasn’t granted a year or so ago...but the original sentencing wasn’t really comparable and the parole board’s initial decision to free him after serving so little time, had to be challenged by the victims...?...that’s something that I find very difficult, as if a female is of ‘lesser value’...I feel that in many rape cases of women being raped, it’s not just the rape that’s on trial...it’s the actions of the woman, the actions of the victim...?...and even in this thread, the expression ‘even straight men’ was used...was that meant to infer that behaviour and actions of non straight men would be somehow open to discussion or scrutiny...?...I guess the differences...(...again a generalisation because I’m rushing...)...are questions that are often asked in male on female rape cases...why did they go back to his apartment/what were they wearing/had they been drinking etc...this is scrutiny given from society, not questions asked in court...

...Babsy, I really thoroughly recommend that you watch the story/case ‘Unbelievable’ on Netflix atm...it really shows how a female victim can be ‘expected to behave in specific and certain ways’ after a rape...and if she doesn’t...?...then everything she is comes into question by the media and sections of society...rape trials..?...are still sadly something which must feel like a second rape...

Last edited by Ammi; 07-01-2020 at 04:28 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote