View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020, 02:17 PM #1190
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You really don't get it, do you? They could have expressed their hurt anytime....but they chose to do it at the end of a tour in which they met people who had lost loved ones through terrible poverty and disease and highlighted the rape of young girls on daily basis. A genuinely compassionate person would have thought "After what I have seen and learned, its put my problems into perspective, no way can I whine about them in this documentary".
But they were so self - absorbed they did just that.
If you don't see anything wrong with that, you have a problem.
'If you don't see things from my perspective, you have a problem.'

Charming.

I don't think you can claim compassion when you're essentially using these people as tools to beat Meghan with.

At the end of the day, the documentary was about Harry and Meghan, it wouldn't have been made and if it had, people wouldn't have watched it. What they did was put a focus on Harry and Meghan because that's what people tuned in to see but they also shone light on the plight of these people and now people have heard their stories when they wouldn't have cared before.

It's the same with any documentary about humanitarian issues, there's always a notable figure or celebrity at the forefront to get people to tune in.