View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020, 02:18 PM #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You really don't get it, do you? They could have expressed their hurt anytime....but they chose to do it at the end of a tour in which they met people who had lost loved ones through terrible poverty and disease and highlighted the rape of young girls on daily basis. A genuinely compassionate person would have thought "After what I have seen and learned, its put my problems into perspective, no way can I whine about them in this documentary".
But they were so self - absorbed they did just that.
If you don't see anything wrong with that, you have a problem.
Now you see, I'm not 100% sure that it is self-absorption Jet. I know there are horrors in the world, I have seen some first hand and others I have seen on TV reports but it doesn't lessen my problems any. I think that they knew that this divorce from the family was coming when that documentary was made and they were using it as a vehicle to tell people how they were struggling and to say that its ok if you have problems - someone will always have it worse, it doesn't mean your struggles are any less real and difficult for you, however much of a privileged background you come from, your problems are your problems and knowing people have worse doesn't stop you feeling your own pain.

Being told to "put up and shut up" because they are rich and live a lifestyle that most people can't dream about will only compound and impact on mental health issues as they feel they can't say how they are feeling.

I feel for them but I fear because of all the media frenzy, things are going to get an awful lot worse for them before they start to get better.