View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 01:30 PM #335

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I really enjoyed the episode. I was apprehensive about the style of narrative for this season because I remember hating Cambodia for how nerdy and gamebotty it became. I'm hoping this season will be slightly more chaotic and unhinged because it will get really sour if we're left with too many of the more level-headed winners going into the merge.

I like the fire tokens twist so far but I'm worried about the consequences involved with the natural trajectory of people accumulating more tokens as the number of castaways dwindle. I don't want to be going into the F8 tribal council with a Steal-a-vote, legacy advantage, 4 HIIs and an idol nullifier still in play. HOWEVER... I'm going to reserve judgement on this until we cross that bridge. It seems interesting for now!

Oddly enough, there's not one tribe that sticks out to me as stronger in terms of likability/tribe dynamics. Ben is proving to be a worthless edition due to his incapacity to keep a secret and I did infact die inside when he spillT the beans to Rob and accredited that to being "starstruck". It showed he has no place in this cast BUT alternatively exhibits an interesting dynamic that exists between some newer winners and the older icons. I love the possibility of Ethan, Danni, Rob and Parvati working together but that won't last. Danni won't let Rob survive much longer and Parvati is in danger of being brought down with him.

As for the other tribe... #PokerAlliance is the hashtag of the episode? I didn't expect Kim to flounder so embarrassingly after her stern and dominating performance in One World. Much to my own disbelief I am actually rooting for and enjoying the alliance of Sophie, Wendell and Yul. Not a fan of Nick being part of it too but I guess he can stay because he's ultimately irrelevant. Sandra proving why she's the best of the best already with her cunning and conniving style of gameplay. Getting rid of Amber was totally her idea and everyone just went along with it, so props to Sandra for doing the damn thing... again!

I think Jeremy will go far now that he's overcome his first obstacle in Natalie's blindside. I also think Michele will fly under the radar for most of the season until one tight alliance remains and she finds herself not being able to be dragged any further. Also, I think Sophie, Yul and Ethan got really good edits so I would be surprised to see them leave any time soon. As for who's in danger... I think it could go either way with players like Adam, Denise and Kim. But I'm almost certain that Rob, Parvati and Tyson are gone pre-merge based on the fact that a lot of the cast seems incredibly standoffish with them.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote