View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 05:37 PM #275

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I couldn't believe this news when I heard. I thought (and desperately hoped) it was just a hoax. Caroline hasn't left my thoughts since this news broke 24 hours ago. It shocks and saddens me that such a charismatic, prominent and CURRENT television host has lost her life to, of all things, suicide. As a society we are moving at such a quick pace with regard to technological advances and our interconnectedness with eachother via means such as social media; and although this can be a great thing which we can all benefit from, it also proves in equal measures to be damning and dangerous.

This time last year Flack was at the top of her game. Strictly, Love Island, heck even The X(tra) Factor made her a household name who might not have been loved by all, but was certainly recognised as an key figure in British culture. Media speculation was always rife about her but at least she seemed to be coping. I can't wrap my head around that she's gone. I am very happy she's being given the respect she deserves by her colleagues, friends and anyone that knew her. She was clearly a lovely woman and had that cheeky, geezer-bird-ish quality about her which so many people gravitate to and love. It's absurd that we have to witness such a beautiful, outgoing and successful person be pushed to the point where she has to take her own life. Absurd.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote