View Single Post
Old 18-02-2020, 01:55 PM #62
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Oops you're right xD well I guess that's another example of bad publicity sinking something - that widely circulated clip of Mystique bitching at Professor X turned a lot of people off.
Dark Phoenix flopping wasn't down to bad marketing, it was down to it being not very good... And essentially, the entire X-men reboot cycle not being very good. First Class is an OK film, and Future Past has a couple of standout scenes but overall is a mess. Apocalypse is dumb and Dark Phoenix is just... Not even entertaining.

Logan is good but it's more like "Joker" - not fully attached to the franchise, more of an alternate timeline take.

In this case I can't fully comment as I haven't seen Birds of Prey, but I've seen a lot of comparisons to Suicide Squad and IMO, Suicide Squad is just not a good movie. In terms of narrative and editing, it's an absolute mess. Justice League was the same, and the cinematic cut of BvS (though I still like the directors cut).

I get the same vibes from the trailer for this. I'll still watch it on home release though and give it the benefit of the doubt.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote