View Single Post
Old 19-02-2020, 12:09 PM #576
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Look actions get reactions.

She was in a dark place before the assault charge. It was probably all the final straw that broke camels back.

Her bf said to the operator she is trying to kill me, that is not someone who has been hit by accident.

Papers report the news and this was news, you can slag off the papers all you want but we was all on here discussing her life!!!!
Piecing together all of the latest stuff, it seems like she was out of control and lashing out - hurting herself and him in the process. In terms of severity I have to be honest and say I don't consider that an accident. Even if she didn't really intend to hurt him, lashing out / throwing things etc. and someone being hurt in the crossfire isn't just an accident. However, it does seem like the main reason he called the police was because he was worried that she was going to end up severely hurting herself, and despite being much bigger than her, he found that he couldn't stop her without getting hurt himself.

Ita a complicated situation really. Yes it seems like she was in a very dark place and that's what lead to the police incident - which was "the straw that broke the camels back" - but I do think that's exactly why there are lessons to be learned. Ant McPartlin's drink driving situation is similar. We (the public, and the press, which is all one according to LT, but that doesn't really matter) could do to be more considerate of people who, yes, have done "bad stuff" but who are clearly in a very dark place. We can point out that someone's actions are dangerous and unacceptable whilst still having empathy for that person,and that's what's missing from all of the reports and discussions. It's all spread out as light entertainment... Not as part of a wider discussion about the pressure people find themselves under. With celebrities especially... It often comes with this attitude of, "they're rich and famous, how can they be in a bad place, what a joke" when obviously, mental health has nothing at all to do with those things, and the press spotlight clearly can make things worse.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote