View Single Post
Old 24-02-2020, 05:21 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Hair/beauty salons ‘bin’ gossip magazines after Caroline’s death...

Hair salons have said they have stopped stocking celebrity gossip magazines after the death of Caroline Flack.
Some hairdressers posted the decision on social media after the former Love Island host was found dead.
Among them was salon owner Anita Donoghue whose Facebook post about binning "pages of fat shaming, slut shaming, celebs without make-up" was shared thousands of times.
A press regulator said it had received complaints over headlines about Caroline Flack following her death.
The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) said it was investigating a number of complaints in line with its normal procedure.

End of Facebook post by Hair Café salon
Ms Flack was found dead weeks before she was due to stand trial for assaulting her boyfriend - a prosecution he did not support.
She wrote in an unpublished Instagram post: "I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen."
Ms Donoghue, salon director of Hair Cafe in Dublin, said hairdressers had been posting about their dislike of gossip magazines for years.
"I'm by no means the first to do this," she said. "But I think I was one of the first to react in this way to the sad news about Caroline," said the 41-year-old.

She wrote in an unpublished Instagram post: "I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen."
Ms Donoghue, salon director of Hair Cafe in Dublin, said hairdressers had been posting about their dislike of gossip magazines for years.
"I'm by no means the first to do this," she said. "But I think I was one of the first to react in this way to the sad news about Caroline," said the 41-year-old.

"I was unconsciously going out and buying these magazines because it was the norm to see them in salons, cafes, dentists' waiting rooms.
"When I thought about Caroline and the impact these magazines have had on her life I wanted to make a change."
Ms Donoghue's post has been liked and shared thousands of times and other hairdressers have composed similar messages.
"It's unbelievable how it's been picked up," she said. "It's the right thing to do. I want to cry I'm so proud," she said.

...rest of story...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51564975
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote