View Single Post
Old 29-02-2020, 07:15 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
OK so I don't say this lightly... but that was the best premiere the show has ever had, including All Stars.

I suppose it's no coincidence that the best season of all time - 6 - had a split opening and it really, really helps the queens embellish themselves. All seven of them had time to shine, and the personalities are already excellent. The performance... I've already commented on, it's fantastic, especially for a first episode. The lipsync was fantastic... I was cringing at Widow's flexibility, laughing at Gigi's theatrics (that little leg wobble after the "twinkle twinkle little star" line ) but oh my god Widow is an assassin. I fear she may have shown all of her cards too early, though.

Heidi is my absolute favourite. I know I always love the pageant queen with a Southern accent but oh my god her lines were hysterical. "You mean paint dry?" "Oh... uh huh????" Interrupting Michelle and Ru on the stage with her "I will never eat kale again. NEVER!" line cracked me tf up. She is just so adorable, and I wish she'd been shown a little more sympathy by the show if that ER story was genuine (especially with the level of preparation and work for this episode, I mean they had to do S7's Fall/Spring runway challenge, a glitter runway, AND that performance choreo, AND write a rap?)

Crystal is very endearing too but I am fearful of her mullet. Jackie is hot af out of drag and very smart/funny as well, but I'm not really that into the whole Mad Men aesthetic TOO much (it's fine in moderation) so I'm gonna have to channel my inner Visage and ask her to mix it up a bit. Nicky is a true unique, and I loved her confessionals over the pronunciation of hummus and conquer. Gigi looks already like the total package and had some fantastic looks and a strong verse. Brita has bags of confidence and will probably get a "delusional" edit in moderation over the season if she struggles more in challenges like she did with this one but I really like her too. And I just love the complete no-holds-barred approach from Widow, I'm tired of queens holding their tongues and just trying to get a good edit... she's got the skills to back up her mild attitude over the choreography (which REALLY wasn't even that bad).

Nicki Minaj was probably the best of the "big popstar premiere judges" as well... I know Gaga was brilliant, and Xtina's Farrah Moan meme was funny, and Miley is probably still hiding from Silky Ganache... but Nicki's personality and reaction to everything was just so entertaining (and I even liked the cheesy-af runway introduction where she scuttered away from Ru's moment).

In season six, the first episode (Adore, Laganja, April, Vivacious, Kelly, Dela & Gia) was weaker than the second (Bianca, Courtney, Milk, Darienne, Joslyn, Trinity & Magnolia)... this time around, it's going to take a hell of an episode to match that comparison.
I agree with you on all of them, can't wait to see how the next set of queens can get on the level of this episode