BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I got Fire Emblem and FFXII for the Switch on sale. Never played a Fire Emblem game before (other than being a Marth/Lucina main for Smash Bros) so looking forward to it. I played through XII on PS2 but only once and I barely remember it.
Yeah my family has never tried the Fire Emblem games either, so I can't comment on if they're any good or not.

FFXII looked good when I saw my Brother play it a few years ago.

And after Shadow The Hedgehog I decided to play Cold Fear, the Game has/had a lot of potential to be a great Game as there's a nice amount of Action, the difficulty is reasonable (apart from the final boss) there's just enough Horror there for it to not feel like it's Horror in name only, and some of the locations look fantastic.

However I don't get how a Game like Cold Fear has such a wafer thin plot, I can get around the sometimes repetitive Gameplay, but not the story having less development than Super Mario Games ffs. I honestly don't expect every story to be fancy, but I would like a basic goal that makes sense as to why you're doing what you're doing, but Cold Fear only really establishes why you're on the Boat at the beginning of the Game really, and never really explains why Tom is still wandering around the ship by the final level.

Basically it's a good Game, but it needed a few tweaks to make it a great Game imo.

I'll be moving onto Yakuza 3 next which I won't be beating any time soon.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 03-03-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote