BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I've been juggling two Games over the last couple of days.

Yakuza 3 - Tbh I was very lukewarm to this Game after the first 4 chapters (although the end of Chapter 4 was strong I thought) but once we actually started to get away from the Orphanage and more into why most people actually play Yakuza Games for is when I've really been getting into the Game. I respect that Sega were trying to do something different with the Orphanage idea, but personally I'd have had some of the content as Substory content rather than being plonked into the main story mode. Chapters 5-9 have been fantastic though, having Majima, Date, and The Florist turn back up has been fantastic imo. And the Substories have been fantastic as usual for me.

Bound By Flame - I know that this Game gets unfavourably compared with the Dragon Age Games, but I've personally liked the bits that I've played of it so far, it looks like it's on a reasonably small budget, but I think that Spiders have done well considering I've never heard of the Studio before. They've got an interesting world that could be really fantastic with a bigger budgeted sequel imo. Also I already like Randval's character.
I've finally beaten Yakuza 3.

Tbf the Game wasn't actually that difficult, but I loved the Substories too much to actually just go ahead and beat the Game. The only real complaints from me was the over focus on the Orphanage stuff towards the beginning of the Game, and the annoying Haruka stuff in Chapter 10, other than that I really enjoyed the other aspects of the Game.

And Bound By Flame is surprisingly quite good imo, especially considering what Metacritic scores the Game. It's not perfect by any means (Sybil's quite dull, and the characters in general need a little bit more development) but considering it was on a small budget I do think that they've made most of the characters likeable or interesting when they are being used, they have a lead character with an actual personality unlike some stories, and most of the locations look visually interesting imo, almost like something out of The Witcher from what I've seen of that Game.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote