View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 11:44 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
That's exactly the valid point I said could be made in the latter half of the quoted post Ultimately, it boils down to my belief that we won't be seeing TV and film production launching back up for until the end of the year at the very earliest, and that both conventional short and long-term business plans (as simple as "buy the rights to this TV show") are inadequate for the current global health crisis because of how unprecedented it is. Every non-essential industry should be on pause where possible (with workers being paid as normal - and hey, if massive companies can afford to do that, maybe they can also afford to help health services in any way they can, just as the likes of Premier League clubs and supermarkets are doing), and I personally don't believe that there's any way companies can ensure stability now for whenever they resume business; renegotiating industries such as TV and film production in a post-coronavirus world is going to be incredibly difficult and I imagine there'll be a lot of jobs that existed beforehand that won't exist for a long time afterward
It is on pause. If they literally didn't do ANYTHING at all then they'd be starting from scratch after the health crisis is over which would delay people their returns into employment even further. If they made NO new deals for anything then they'd soon sink.

Not doing anything on the chance that they won't be able to do anything will ensure they don't.

So, yeah, we can live in an ideal world where Netflix know the future and know there'll be no work next year so give all their money to health services, thus ensuring there's no money to continue their business next year, taking more content off air, and more jobs off the market.

Kind of a ridiculous route to take.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote