View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 09:40 PM #64
-

-

I'm not judging you specifically Parm, you didn't come up with the clapping as an idea. It just makes me very angry considering what has been done to our frontline healthcare workers in recent years... the whole situation at the moment - everyone suddenly realising how important this service is only NOW - is a slap in the face for the people in it.

Here's what I wish people would do instead of clapping at their door.

I wish people would quietly go to bed tonight, lie there for a little while, and really think about what healthcare workers and those close to them are going through. Don't think of them as stoic heroes striding into battle - think of them as people with families and lives of their own who are scared, confused, underpaid and completely unprepared for this because of years & years of neglect, underappreciation and being taken for granted... yet they're there doing the job anyway. Really give that some thought. It's not going to feel good, it's not going to make you feel safe, but it is far more respectful of those people.

And what I really wish is that when people do that, and really think and feel for those people, they then remember that night lying quietly thinking about this the next time they're in a voting booth.

People don't want to get political at the moment and that's fine. I just hope to god people at least remember it when things do get political again.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-03-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote