Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm not judging you specifically Parm, you didn't come up with the clapping as an idea. It just makes me very angry considering what has been done to our frontline healthcare workers in recent years... the whole situation at the moment - everyone suddenly realising how important this service is only NOW - is a slap in the face for the people in it.

Here's what I wish people would do instead of clapping at their door.

I wish people would quietly go to bed tonight, lie there for a little while, and really think about what healthcare workers and those close to them are going through. Don't think of them as stoic heroes striding into battle - think of them as people with families and lives of their own who are scared, confused, underpaid and completely unprepared for this because of years & years of neglect, underappreciation and being taken for granted... yet they're there doing the job anyway. Really give that some thought. It's not going to feel good, it's not going to make you feel safe, but it is far more respectful of those people.

And what I really wish is that when people do that, and really think and feel for those people, they then remember that night lying quietly thinking about this the next time they're in a voting booth.

People don't want to get political at the moment and that's fine. I just hope to god people at least remember it when things do get political again.
There is no year that has passed in which the NHS would have been prepared for this. .not one.

I appreciate your points though and understand your frustration.

I have been thinking a lot about those people though, and the supermarket workers, I have almost welled up in front of them thankning them as in pack my 2 bag of goods..and that's the truth. .

So last nights release was a culmination of all those thoughts you think in your most lonely moments...so for me it was a great release to stand and appreciate them in a unique way. .imo.it will help them in the long run regarding people's mental state after this.

So I don't think it deserves the ridicule it gets.

But I do understand your view completely, I just think it's slightly biased because many many people showing respect or letting out stress last night would not have been tory voters..my mum's street in scotland had someone playing bagpipes. ..and the snp ain't doing so well with the healthcare up there...but you don't here people moaning about doing it..nor others doing it.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote