View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:05 PM #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Aerosolised form basically means it's been turned into micro-droplets and dispersed in a "very fine mist" form, that can happen in certain medical settings. It doesn't happen with a cough, sneeze, in breath... there's no real risk of aerosolised droplets being in a shop etc.

Also, essentially, both of your big fears can't be true at the same time. If Covid was hanging around in the air all over the place for hours, then the infection rates by this point would be massive - if they ARE massive, then the mortality %age risk is actually tiny. If the mortality risk is as high as you fear it is (5%+) then it's impossible for the virus to be truly airborne, as the death numbers would be higher.

Anyway, have had a google and the only really readable info is from the WHO itself. The rest is actual papers and extremely jargon-filled.

https://www.who.int/news-room/commen...ecommendations

That's a WHO scientific brief from the 29th of March (the article you posted is from the 11th). I do remember reading the info on aerosolization probably around the 15th-20th but can't find the specific things I read at the time.

Thanks .. interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote