View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 11:56 AM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Charles wasn't the face of a TV advertising campaign saying not to travel, Charles doesn't stand up every day dictating the future strategy the country should take with regard to health.

Agreed he shouldn't have travelled, but they are completely different scenarios
He's the direct heir to the throne and one of the most publicly visible people in the entire country... how many people (even in Scotland) can honestly claim they had any idea who Catherine Calderwood was before this story broke?

I agree that the hypocrisy adds another element and it's a very different situation, but I don't think one is necessarily worse than the other. We are CONSTANTLY being told that the Royals are, or are supposed to be, role models for the public and that's part of why it's important that we keep them around at all, and why it's important to keep "undesireables" out of the line up, and yet here we have the future king (maybe, I reckon Liz might outlive him) blatantly disregarding the advice. How can you expect people to see that and not question why they're not allowed to do the same?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote