BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Hmmmm. I've tried more than one cable but to be fair, none of them are the official Sony one that came with the console. Come to think of it, when I moved it and it got significantly better, I plugged it into the cable that came with the Switch (as it was easier to swap the cable into the console than the one in the back of the TV). But Switch isn't 4k so might still not be good enough?

Might buy a high quality cable and see if it helps.

That said, I had been using the same cable for years before it started doing it,and wiggling the HDMI plug makes weird green artefacts appear on the screen, so I think there's definitely an issue with the port too.

I had it in a cupboard section of the TV unit with the door closed - but no back on that section so airflow was fine... The fan had been going wild for a few days when the glitching started and when I opened the cupboard door I discovered that a cardboard box that I stuffed behind the unit at some point had fallen over and blocked the back of that cupboard

So my theory is that it was overheating and the heat damaged the HDMI port itself or loosened a solder or something.

I just don't want to pay for it to be fixed or buy a whole new console when the PS5 is out next year .
Hmm, yeah it definitely sounds like its more of an issue with the port itself

I wasted a bunch of time doing this the other night, lol