View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 11:45 AM #4146
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Inside Out - I was hoping to like this considering all of the positive reactions from a lot of people about the Film and it's mature content.

For me personally it just came across like a more stiff version of Up (which is a great Film imo) and Joy and Sadness came across as really unlikable to me personally, and the kid in the Film gets written very mechanically in my view, how can I feel sorry for a character that's only feeling her emotions based on what Joy, Sadness or any of the others want her to feel in that moment? I know that it's the concept of the Film (or a large component at least) but I just couldn't take to that element of Inside Out in execution.
it's a metaphor and actually very well done from a psychology standpoint. Also... Joy and Sadness are not supposed to be likable characters, that's really the whole point, NONE of the individual "emotion characters" are supposed to be likable or relatable... because the whole message of the film is to point out that it takes all of these things working together to make a "whole person".

In terms of story concept, the writing Inside Out is easily the best Pixar has
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote