CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Seems to me that even if they were guilty its pretty questionable for the police to only use evidence that had been provided by the shows producers which had been edited to make the cheating look more blatant

Also I started out thinking it was farfetched for the coughing to be coincidental, well now I think its quite farfetched that this plan could have come together like that from one very brief phone call with a man they'd never met and who's coughing problem could have confused things numerous times. I also thought his explanation for why he changed answers to Craig David - the audiences gasp - made a lot of sense
I agree with your comments on the Craig David question but pretty much disagree with every thing else. Regarding that question I dont agree with the common consensus that Diana Ingram coughed. Given the way the studio is set up she'd be too far away for Ingram to hear properly. I think Ingram almost literally pulled that answer out of his ass and guessed, correctly.

My biggest ciriticism of the show was that it was far too romantic in terms of how the Ingrams were portrayed. The acting was top notch but right from the first show I had no interest in the fact they had debts and that Dianas hapless brother was a bit of a screw up. They spent so much time on what I thoguht were irrelevancies and then spent about 5 minutes on the episode itself. Anyone who watches the episode in its entirety with the coughs turned up cannot beleives Ingrams story. I've said it a few times, up until the £125,000 there has only been about 5 coughs, all quite spaced out and I'm certain if they'd tapped out at that stage they'd have got away with it. As the technician nicely puts it in the Bashir docuemnetary - when you have in excess of 15 coughs at specific points that appear to be leading somebody - add that to the bizarre way he played every question, Ingrams story is not beleivable. Quiz was a romantic portrayal of the Charles and Diana INgram Millionaire story, top notch acting but it glossed over, for me, the most important part, that there is a mass of evidence in the episode itself that supports Ingrams cheated.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 16-04-2020 at 09:26 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote