View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 02:48 PM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's not a mishandling though, they didn't know the tests were crap until after they had them, so it was a gamble that didn't pay off. A very small gamble that seems worth the risk.

Again, the problem with ventilators and PPE is not the cost, it's how quickly it can be produced and distributed. I know there are celebrities throwing money at it and expecting that to solve the problem, because people are used to money solving problems, but in this case it really isn't about how much is being spent.

I'm obviously not mr-defend-the-government... They should have had stockpiles of things like PPE ready to go in an emergency... But they didn't, and now the problem is not how much they're willing to spend on it. It isn't there to buy.
It was not a small gamble it was a stupid misinformed, ill judged and incompetent mistake. All the advise surrounding these antigen tests at the time said they were not effective and we bought them anyway. In what universe is that worth the risk?
There is PPE to buy TS, i dont agree sorry how that detracts from the useless tests I don't know, it's like sending a kid to a shop for stock cubes for gran and they come back with durex!

Last edited by Kizzy; 17-04-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote