Old 03-05-2020, 07:17 PM #1
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Default mariah the elusive chanteuse album rank x

i found myself by the end of this week listening to mariah's entire discography because why not, so thought it would be fitting to share my rank, feel free to share your own views x

we ALL know this was a dud, apart from beautiful and thirsty it's a bit of a stain on her career really

best: thirsty / worst: one more try

this album is bad however it's not as bad as everyone makes out, it's fault is because it's has too many songs and the album literally doesn't have a distinct sound. boy (i need you) is one of her best songs of all time

best: boy (i need you), through the rain / worst: my saving grace

cute debut, but better was to come, kinda forgotten x

best: someday, alone in love, vision of love / worst: vanishing

again a bit forgotten because the rest of her 90s work is out of this world, has some highlights though, love a bit of gospel

best: emotions, make it happen, can't let go / worst: the wind

it should be a crime this album isn't on streaming platforms, hugely underrated, loverboy might be her best lead single of all time.

best: loverboy, twister, want you / worst: all my life

the best collection of ballads ever, although that's all there is really, the last album from gospel moo moo x

best: dreamlover, now that i know, without you / worst: all i've ever wanted

we getting into the classics now, it makes me sad how under appreciated this album is, her vocals are a bit auto tuned on this but who cares

best: obsessed, standing o, angels cry / worst: inseparable

truly a return to form, the impact this album had, a comeback album, however maybe a bit overrated? it's like that might be one of my favourite songs of all time though

best: it's like that, we belong together, sprung, shake it off / worst: i wish you knew

oh wow, the way she served a top 5 album nearly thirty years into her career, can't stress how the GP failed as a nation to eat this up

best: stay long love you, **** (this forum censored G.T.F.O ) , a no no, giving me life / worst: portrait

an album full of number ones

best: long ago, one sweet day, always be my baby, fantasy / worst: when i saw you

this top three is HARD, one of the most full pop albums mariah has done and it's gorgeous, her best album of recent times

best: for the record, heat, heat, migrate, touch my body / worst: i wish you well

what can i say? this album is gay rights, this album has some of the best era aesthetics of all time

Spoiler:

best: heartbreaker, x-girlfriend, thank god i found you, crybaby, did i do that / worst: n/a

one of the best records of all time that's it, the girls at the end of the 90s really snapped didn't they?

best: honey, the roof, breakdown, fly away, my all / worst: n/a
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote