27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

From one of my favourite album covers to one of the worst, it’s very, erm, ‘graphic design is my passion’.

As a completely self produced album, and old in git in the same sense as others such as No Phun Intended, it matches up well. There’s clearly a few audio errors and the vocals are patchy in areas but behind its flaws lie some absolute gems. The album kickstarts with Silver, a pop punk style banger with a catchy chorus, which sets sights high for the rest of the album.

Not everything matches up however, Bones of 92 and I Was Hiding Under Your Porch Because I Love You are songs that have the patchiest vocals and the actual songs, to me, don’t make up for it.

The album ends (well, except for the acoustic and demo versions stuck onto the end) on Fantastic, which pardon the pun, is a Fantastic way to end the album. It’s the only other song that really gets on the same level as Silver.

On the whole it’s a decent album, theres blatant rookie mistakes on the production but it’s nothing too hard to listen to when you look past those.