Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

The queen of singing in cursive has arrived

But, on a serious note, I really appreciated this album from Halsey. This was the first I heard from her, besides the ****ty DJ collabs (closer is tragic, don’t @ me), and wow what a shock. I had no idea she created this well crafted, almost conceptual, alternative music. The album starts of with Castle, a song that I really love for its sound.

The album has some real bangers though, like Hold Me Down, Roman Holiday (with Josh Dun’s gorgeous live drums ) and Strange Love.

But most importantly, this album has possibly my favourite Halsey song of all time, Colors. I love the sound, I love the lyrics, I love the visuals, and I really connected with it the first time I got to listen. I can always go back to it and still jam like I did the first time, and that’s something for me that’s rare to find in a song.

One of the drawbacks for me though, is that it’s a pretty lengthy album at 16 songs. That isn’t always a bad thing, but if you’re gonna serve a 16 song album then everything on it needs to have a purpose and I find with some of these tracks they either just don’t belong on the album or just simply aren’t needed.