View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 10:42 AM #36
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I presume you wouldn't want a mechanic or a teacher working on you either
No I wouldn't. I was using the hospital cleaner as an example. I wouldn't want them working on me, but they are essential to the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Had to get the guards being unskilled in didn't you lol. To a certain extent you do have to study to clean as you have to follow COSHH guidelines on hygiene products and their uses in specific environments, use colour coded equipment to prevent cross contamination, be aware of signage to comply with health and safety regulations. So while there is no degree in cleaning there us a lot of training and responsibilities to consider expecially at the moment.

The reason most balk at the idea their job is unskilled is it leads some to think anyone can wander in off the street and do it, of course it doesn't take 3yrs to train but the term 'unskilled' is outmoded.
Firstly, I didn't write security guard just to get at you. And saying something is unskilled is not the same as saying it's worthless. Unskilled jobs are just as important as skilled jobs, it's the label some people seem to take exception to. You're not going to convince me that someone who has a couple of days induction is the same as someone who has studied for years or spent ages gaining experience.

It's interesting that you never hear skilled people that there is no such thing as an unskilled job, do you.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote