View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 12:03 PM #21
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
A woman on JV this morning had a good point about schools , people moan about the lockdown being 2 weeks too late, but the virus was about then when schools were operating as normal and nothing was out of the norm, its ok for teachers to not want to go back as they have the unions behind them and are on full pay, some children are in vunerable homes etc and need to be somewhere safe, also some schools have never closed ,and pupils have been attending,so for me I think we are being unnecessarily scared,as life is never guaranteed 100% no one can guarantee anywhere is 'safe' .
Teachers are not on full pay, there has to be certain criteria before state schools can even furlough staff.

Yes schools were open in the two weeks before lockdown, the death rate was exploding at that time, and you say nothing was out of the norm?
Key workers and vulnerable kids are already at school they have been throughout, including over the Easter holidays. Don't forget teachers not only have that backing of the unions but the BMA.
What does life isn't guaranteed 100% mean? That you should just recklessly put your faith in government advisors rather that experts again, I know Mr Gove is all about that but for me?.. No thank you.

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus...some-staff?amp

Last edited by Kizzy; 18-05-2020 at 12:04 PM.