View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 10:29 AM #694
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Haven’t they said the will lock down areas if necessary? ..the other issue I have with this is the claim that the government didn’t lock down early enough which may be true for London, but these areas which had a low level of virus when they did lock down would fall into the category of locking down early but the virus wasn’t damped down by lockdown, so not sure why that is happening..?
Again in my non-medical opinion... it's because transmission "randomly" in the community is actually not the main way the virus spreads... it spreads amongst households and in areas of sustained contact like workplaces and of course care homes. Lockdown has definitely HAD an effect and has done the job of keeping the NHS from being swamped, certainly, things like fewer people on public transport will definitely have made a difference, but I personally doubt that things like supermarket one-ways systems and 2m distancing in shops will have made a huge difference overall. Again of course, I'm not going to second guess the advice to the extent of "not doing it"... I'll still go along with it... but I don't think it's been the magic bullet.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-05-2020 at 10:29 AM.