View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 03:01 PM #73
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

After a few years taking a departure from her pop routes, which I argue even though a good half of the material on Joanne wasn't super, I do think it was beneficial after her creative vision with Artpop pushed the album and the era to be a bit overwhelming and not quite cohesive.

Anyway Chromatica is a dominant return to her original routes of pop music, the whole album has a ongoing theme of 90s acid house vibes mixed in with Gaga's own unique voice and sound. The sudden build up to the album due to the pop culture moment of Rain on me added to my excitement for the rest of the songs on the album and she didn't disappoint. Highlights included Alice a energetic pop twist on Alice in wonderland, Fun tonight a sad lyrical song about struggles she's faced turned into an upbeat bop is my favourite type of pop song echoing songs like; robyn's dancing on my own. The interlude into 911 is one of my favourite parts of the album a club banger that shares similar sounds to her material on The Fame. As the latter half of the album progresses both enigma and replay are ultimate disco tunes. Sine from above is VERY europop and i'm here for that rival. Babylon ****ing delivers and it's with Alice, Fun Tonight and 911 as my favourite songs from the album, a modern vogue.

Any criticism from me is that Plastic Doll isn't the best song and neither is 1000 doves, however they aren't bad songs more so get overshadowed. One thing that I would of liked to see is more of a electropop sound to the album throughout it's course, I was excited about SOPHIE being rumoured as a producer because the music they produce is so experiential and perfectly Gaga. Chromatica is a return for Gaga in the world of pop music and I can't wait to see where she takes it from here.

8.5/10

Last edited by Samm; 31-05-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote