Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I just don't really understand WHY anyone thinks this is a good idea? Like even if it's 99% safe? Going back for a couple of weeks then being off for another nearly-two-months for summer is going to be even more confusing than just waiting until after summer surely?? I mean, my daughter is feeling a little weird about going straight back into a new year group with a new teacher but it's not THAT big a deal, and even if it was, they could just keep their old teacher for a week or two after summer to "wrap things up" and move into their new class?

Like I've said before, I understand the need for kids who are finishing up at Primary school and moving up to go back to their primary school for a few weeks before moving to high school after the summer... sending kids into a new school after summer without those "final primary school days" could genuinely affect them for the rest of their time at school... but why have every year group back before summer. Waste of time, waste of resources, confusing for kids, and realistically they won't learn anything at all in those weeks. Seems arbitrary and like the reason is more political and about "back to normal!!" than anything else.
As long as it is not compulsory to return I don't see a problem with it, the kids that were interviewed going back on Monday were so happy it was quite cute to see

Everyone's experience of lockdown is different, as long as they have choice its fine

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 03-06-2020 at 12:39 PM.