BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I see you choose to avoid the vulnerably sick and elderly issues.

Well they are who matters more to me.

I don't see much evidence as more is eased of people seeming to know what they need to do to keep themselves safe or others safe for that matter.

My priorities lie with lives lost to this virus and putting money before risking lives may suit some..
It doesn't me.

Anyway, you and I are never going to agree on this point.
We've said our positions.
I'm very happy standing up for those vulnerably sick and elderly.

Who iif those out after easing restrictions, then more contract this virus, then end up in contact with those 2 groups, passing it on,will be a death sentence to them.
That's not worth money or any risk.
Not in my book anyway.
Joey, i am in the elderly and vulnerable range, so I can assure you i am not ignoring it. But we have a virus that isn't going away and we cannot stop everything and disappear because if our economy is stressed any further, we wont have an NHS, we won't have social services. People are going to lose their jobs and have no safety net. That is catastrophic and it will become a reality if we don't get the economy moving.

There are no easy choices and vulnerable people should be protected, but the rest need to get out there and start the economy moving.

I have worked from home for the duration of the lockdown, I have bought goods from local business ... that's me doing my bit. Everyone else should be doing what they can to get things moving too. Things won't be the same for a while but an economy running at 90% is much better than we had during lockdown

Last edited by bitontheslide; 20-06-2020 at 01:54 PM.