Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Just finished it. I agree with a lot of the stuff people are saying in here, I really enjoyed it overall!

Spoiler:

At first I was like why tf am I being forced to play as the main antagonist like can this bitch just die already, but as the game unravelled it got you realising that there isn't really a villain in all of this, everyone's messed up in their own ways and done immoral things, it all just depends on the perspective you look at it from. I think the only flaw was expecting us to happily play as Abby in the theatre scene and making us beat up Ellie, as clearly that's not what the player wants to do.

Whoever was discussing the NPC's having names and the attention to detail on them, I second the strength of that too! Especially when they were used to link the two perspectives like this one:

I really liked the Yara and Lev story, although I can't help but wish Yara had survived if only one of those two got to live, seeing as the only reason Abby risked everything by leaving the aquarium was to get the medicine for Yara, only for Yara to get killed off just moments before escape

I think it's great we got to see a bit of all three camps as well (Jackson, WLF and Scars) altho I'm assuming the Rattlers (the ones that captured Abby/Lev and kept people prisoner) will probably be used for a DLC storyline in the future as that was kind of glossed over. There's lots of opportunities for future games/DLC storylines as well as lots of new stuff was introduced.

As for the ending I honestly don't know what to think, on one hand I was hoping to be able to kill Abby so that the story felt fulfilled, but on the other hand it's clear that Lev was having a positive impact on her and changing her as a person, and Ellie killing Abby in front of Lev would've been no different to Abby killing Joel in front of Ellie. I do think the player should've been given the choice though of whether to kill Abby or let he go free. The game really did give you a lot to think about, I think it was written extremely well and they told the story nicely!

There'll surely be a third game, right? Seems like it could be such a popular franchise but then again I can see the makers of the game being those people who don't like dragging things out/prioritise story-telling and completion.

Last edited by Headie; 02-07-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote