View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:09 AM #92
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...sadly, discussions about Meghan always end up the same so I think it’s run it’s course for me, I will never understand the levels of ‘anti-Meghan’ feelings which the media have stoked and encouraged ...Racial undertones have most definately played a part and she’s American and she’s an actress and she was older and she was a divorcee and she wasn’t Kate and she wasn’t Diana ...and the list goes on...it’s fascinating how individuality is praised and applauded until individuality is right there and then it’s condemned...I think for me actually,
Ann Widdecombe’s thoughts on BB were a good representative of the dislike or mistrust toward Meghan before she was given a chance...’..I think she’s trouble, background, attitude etc...’...and when pushed, there was no reasoning for that ‘just a feeling’, she had prejudged her with suspicion and not given her a level chance....in my experience through life, when initial thoughts are so negative or suspicious or dubious or whatever...?..then every action and word is viewed from that slant...and that I think is how it’s been for Meghan...it would have been too humanly exhausting to have spent her time trying to please the UK media and the U.K. public because she couldn’t ‘do better’ when she wasn’t doing anything wrong in the first place...she just didn’t fit their ‘Royal Mould’ and never would and I’m glad that Harry’s first care has been to support and protect her......

....she’s not Kate, she shouldn’t be compared to Kate...they’re two different people and although they’re married to brothers, their roles have always been different...’female V female’ seems to be something that some tabloids and public do as well...I like both, they’re both fairly terrific ladies and comparing them in the negative way that it’s often been done has been very damaging, I feel...anyways, I’m glad that Harry and Meghan have made decisions for their family’s wellbeing, for their happiness now and going forward....

Last edited by Ammi; 04-07-2020 at 05:24 AM.