IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Finale
1. Will (+4) - Of course, the legacy himself. Deeply flawed guy, but not without self-awareness with self-deprecation as you can get. One of the greatest reality tv winners I've come across and in a way, his defiance against cohesive strategies and social games was what set the bar for this show. He was without effort hilarious, and his honesty about being such an awful guy in a way made him be one of the most revered and looked up to in the cast . Most incredible was the cautionary tale of him jumping between devious miscreant to ego-centric charmer with heart of gold .
2. Nicole (-) - An iconic watch. Went from loud gob****e set for an obvious early exit to a loud gob****e full of power and intelligence. Nicole went through a lot of challenges but never lost her sense of humour or energy, and deserved making the end for being a formidable love/hate Will ally and also for being an entertaining multi-faceted individual.
3. Shannon (+1) - An ice cold cow but a deeply entertaining lady far ahead of her time who waltzed around being full of crap most of the time, poetically raging about mundane matters and then turning on self-suffering fake water works that nobody in the house cared about . The two weeks where she hit her peak made the early season a thrilling experience to watch to see what kind of elaborate rage problems she'd create next, benefitted by the evil romance with Will being oddly sweet .

4. Autumn (-3) - A lovely girl with common sense that was too threatening to a season filled with delusional aggros. Autumn in the early weeks was the closest thing to someone you could get behind, with a tragically gone too soon eviction after bravely putting up with the wrath of some pretty awful treatment by several people.
5. Hardy (+3) - Lol an amazing pet hate to have. You never really knew what to expect from Hardy. On the surface, you would think he'd just be the "nice guy" but with the competitive format he winds up being this random villain with surges of the most comically assholeish behaviour. Whereas Will was a dick with a lovely side to him, Hardy was a seemingly lovely guy with a wholely dickhead side to him and that's fun to sit through.

6. Kent (+5) - If not for the blatant homophobia, Kent was a great houseguest with a lot of well-spoken comedy mixed in with a unique unhinged side. He was the elusively unintentionally funny houseguest.
7. Monica (-1) - Even though she didn't wow me like she seems to many other people, and while Nicole fulfilled the underdog role much better for me, Monica flourished as a more fierce and formidable houseguest. When she lost her allies, it was a great journey watching how she built her popularity back up from scratch to reach to (almost) the end, all the while never shying away from declaring things were on to people.

8. Bunky (-5) - Hugely disappointing soppy drawers to some extent but a lovely guy with great dynamics with the more cold-hearted people, and who just wasn't cut out for an environment like this one.
9. Sheryl (-2) - I'm grateful we had a human shield for Nicole to shine, but I wish I could see more here than reasonably charming elder MILF. .

10. Krista (-1) - On the one hand I liked her random aligning with Monica and I liked the tact she seemed to have, but her bitterness towards Nicole getting the best of her was pretty annoying, and thinking Boogie is a nice guy is a little disheartening.
11. Mike (-1) - Did not deserve to be in any season after this one. Gets remembered as if he's some kind of high-spirited energetic double act of Will's, when really he was nothing but a miserable, sexist, aggressive urchin where his exit made no difference to the season. Just twatty background noise in the end.
12. Justin (-) - Garbage.

A season that is a little flawed in its boot order but really picks itself back up no matter what. It feels sometimes you're just watching a group of normal people, but then switches to a group of delusional, selfish asswipes who can never trust each other (Will/Nicole is the longest running alliance yet both hated everything about each other) BB2 hits the right notes of entertainment and conclusions in most of the contestants and revolutionised what reality TV drama would be like for the better. .
So glad you liked Will!

He is the greatest reality TV contestant of all time IMO. It's not easy to be a charming asshole but he does it so well

I actually think his win proves you don't necessarily need a humongous resume full of HoH's and Veto's, just a lot of social manipulation and to be liked or at least respected more than the other person in the F2. He set the benchmark for that and it was kind of built on in a future season!
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote