View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 02:38 PM #545
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
A very important distinction to make.

The majority of the British people were enchanted by Meghan initially - she was welcomed with open arms. The excitement around the engagement and wedding, the crowds turning up to see the lovely bride; 1.9 billion tuned in to watch.

Then reports started coming out of the Palace about how she left members of her staff in tears, even one of Kate’s own staff by her rude, demanding attitude. She made Kate cry in a dispute over Charlotte’s bridesmaid attire. She threw a tantrum because she was refused a tiara promised to Eugenie for her wedding, which was delayed because Harry took precedence. Harry declared that ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets’.
Staff came and went. Nanny’s came and Nanny’s went - 5 or so in 9 months….
And lots more besides which with the passage of time has been verified by those respected royal reporters whose job it is to find out what is fact and what is malicious fiction.

She and Harry have repeatedly disrespected the Queen, who doesn’t need the antics of the pair of them in her 94th year.
Since bolting the UK they have gone from one blunder to another and seem intent on annoying the Royals, like rebellious teenagers. Pathetic.

But that’s all fine to all those who jump to her defense and never admit to a single wrong doing by her. Few actually take the time to look deeper to ascertain what is true and what isn’t (and in fairness there were some that were untrue or exaggerated). They didn’t need to make things up really - Meghan was the gift that kept on giving - and she still is. She can’t seem to help herself unfortunately.
Spoiler alert - I guarantee that most royal aides and helpers will have been made to cry by their royal at some point. Normally these stories don't make it past the protection of the familia, and yet, all these are being fed into a narrative stereotype.