View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 03:25 PM #39
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's also a stretch to suggest this a problem only within predominantly Asian communities, look at the explosion in 'agencies' that hire temp to work in warehouses, construction and farms. This too is modern day slavery that we close a blind eye to and swallow the ' British' people are too lazy to work these jobs'.
It's happening in many sectors not only is industry being outsourced but labour too, Id be surprised if any of those people in that sweatshop were British citizens.
They are being exploited because they are allowed to, the only reason it was exposed was due to covid, otherwise that wouldn't even have warranted investigation.

I don't agree that accusations of racism were the reason for the lack of scrutiny, in the same way I don't believe children in care homes weren't protected from certain groups, they were not a priority. I've heard the ' community cohesion' argument and I just don't buy it.

All groups black, white, rich and poor exploit if they can and for years many people have been allowed to exploit with impunity, in Labour, Lib dem and conservative run councils.

Do I think it's getting better? No, in fact I'd say it's getting worse. Look at the seasonal workers flown in on private charter planes to pick fruit and veg, are they getting a fair wage, PPE, adequate accomodation?... but this has been rationalised as they are 'skilled' workers, which of course is bull, they are slaves.. as in days of yore wealthy landowners are cashing in devoid of any contractual obligations.

Look also at the construction industry, the tory donating sweethearts..how riddled with exploitation is that? Anyone remember ' blacklisting'? Anyone attempting to organise workers movements or complain about health and safety found themselves unemployable.

In short, I'm not surprised by this it's always happened and unless there is real and independent regulation it always will.

Last edited by Kizzy; 12-07-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote