View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 05:43 PM #25
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Discussion and nuance are there, people are willing to have those discussions, but people who claim to be victims of this ‘culture’ don’t really want that, they want to have their opinion and not be challenged, so they put a spotlight on the most extreme cases of rebuttal and anger, which are admittedly a lot of the times, borderline psychotic, they can’t stand people thinking they’re wrong, that goes for people on both sides of the spectrum, it’s the typical trick of people who want to be in an echo chamber, they tell people that something not common in a pandemic so they can play on it.
To suggest that the people most embroiled in this culture are "willing to have those discussions" is flat out false - there are a large number of people who are not only unwilling to have the discussion, but are in fact so angry that anyone else wants there to be a discussion that they aggressively campaign to ensure that everyone is too scared to openly have those conversations.

I wouldn't even ATTEMPT to discuss the nuances of something like trans rights on Twitter under my own name. There's a reason I highly value the anonymity of smaller forums.

I've seen people attacked to breaking point for even suggesting that nuances exist or that there's a discussion to be had.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote