BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Its only really supermarkets who have had the luxury of having security staff and even a lot of those have had their hours cut recently so they're only on at peak times, tbh most major retailers have cut back staffing so much over the last few years that they can't have someone on the door at all hours of the day. In any case retail staff are not law enforcement: most are minimum wage, part time and predominantly female with many in their 50s and older or are very young with little experience in managing confrontation
Even the local small shops where I am had no problem.

They only had a notice outside saying things like one or two in the shop at any time.
With markings showing 2m distance.

All I saw was that complied with and people queueing correctly to get in.

I see no problem, if someone is genuinely shopping, they'll be willing, even if not happy to do what are the rulings.

Some places have refused to handle cash, saying non contact payments only, if they can manage that, they can surely manage facecoverings too.
I just don't get the opposition to them.

I didn't like it at first, now it's just routine for me.
Anything in my view that may save even just one life unnecessarily lost is worth that little inconvenience to me.

If someone threw a stink bomb in a shop, people would be looking for anything to cover their noses then, I dare bet.

Last edited by joeysteele; 14-07-2020 at 10:35 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote