View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 03:43 PM #82
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...(...I think, honestly...)...that the ‘some people who are furious’ are a very, very small minority...who if their ‘views’ or ‘opinions’ or whatever incorporate ones of violent acts toward her or anyone else...are not people who we can look at as having any type of reasonable social reasoning...they’re abusive online trolls who should be dealt with by the police...and I honestly doubt also that their aggression is because they’ve experienced a ‘freight train’, it’s the way they would express themselves with whoever that person was...they’re very much a huge part of what goes to make social media in the modern day so toxic...because they don’t care who they throw their toxicity at...?...the Internet is a place that enables dehumanisation to them...

...anyways, as I said...I’m going to leave the specific JKR debate for others

but I was very interested in other examples in the debate that James posted because had actually been ‘cancelled’...or had they..?...hmmmmm...we rarely get ‘complete stories’ with no slanting is another issue...
Again though I agree about it being a tiny minority - the problem is that people are willingly blinkered to that small, but very loud, minority because its singing from the same opinion-sheet.

Like I said above... People all too willing to jump on people and hold them to account for their OPINIONS, whilst refusing to hold others to account for their BEHAVIOUR.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote