View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 10:58 PM #117
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Cancel culture is indiscriminate, it can affect both left and right imo, the difference is the approach to the subject both approaches to say, trans rights will be 'cancelled' if not 100% in favour...but the reasoning and the explanation for any challenge is wildly different.

Look at the newsnight interview with Germaine Greer, I was in total agreement with her views there which of course makes me as 'cancelled' as her, being a left leaning person this is new territory, however as a principled person I accept it. I take ownership of my opinion.

As said the problem is now not only opinions that are challenged and 'cancelled' but academics and sociologists who cite studies and reference known facts as they don't fit in to the modern narrative as chanted by the social media mob. The sheer volume of discord that erupts following a controversial comment or point of reference is immense.

That to me has never been right, if 100,000 people felt a certain way and I didn't and I had peer reviewed study to back my theory nothing and nobody would sway me, in this instance cancel culture is a bastardisation of what it should be... a way of putting an end to predudice, lies and misinformation.

Last edited by Kizzy; 17-07-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote