View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 05:22 AM #122
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I won't disagree about that Ammi - I'm not a fan of Twitter or any other social media other than for a bit of fun. I love the Twitter memes when Love Island is on for example - one of the main reasons to watch the show in the first place . But for serious topics? I think it's a disaster quite honestly and sadly, a disaster that sometimes spills out into reality a little.

Facebook if anything is even worse. Local pages are handy for finding a local gardener or finding out why there's a power cut... but even THOSE have been getting really toxic lately (the local pages, not the gardeners).

Bin the whole thing, chalk it up as a horribly failed social experiment.

...that’s why I don’t really buy into ‘cancel culture’, I don’t think...(...or labels in general tbh...)...because I don’t think it’s that any conversations/debates/discussions etc are being stopped so much as they will become non starters in the first place on any social media site that is more a place of reactive stuff...it’s always been that way, though...choosing the right platform for debate and opening the debate in the right way are key ‘ingredients’....and obviously, that’s especially applicable for subjects which are highly sensitive in their nature...

Last edited by Ammi; 18-07-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote