View Single Post
Old 21-07-2020, 08:48 AM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I thought that nurses/lower paid NHS staff etc were due for a rise of around 4% with the change to pay scales as a separate thing./..Agenda for Change...
Nurses negotiated a raise a few years ago to bring their dismal pay in line with inflation, after a prolonged period of pay freezes. This is the excuse the government is using for offering no recognition for the ****-show of Covid, essentially that because they were forced by unions to make pay fairer already, they've already done nurses a favour. It's a joke. I mean, yes, I do understand that other public sector workers have had increased challenges in these past months as well, and I'm absolutely in favour of them being rewarded for that too, but to suggest that it's on the same level as the NHS frontline, or that NHS frontline staff "don't need a raise as they already negotiated one a few years back", is just more of the same Tory nonsense. But I don't think anyone is surprised. This is why people found the doorstep-clapping to be an insult more than a compliment. Every single staff member knew that when it came to showing any sort of actual respect or appreciation like improving pay or conditions, the clapping would abruptly stop and the excuses would start... and here we are.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote