View Single Post
Old 21-07-2020, 09:17 AM #19
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
....well, it only really worked on me so far as I know because I thought the adjusted pay scales was a recent thing, although not directly related to COVID, still a step in the right direction...
The deal was nowhere near as good as it was made out to be in the first place, due to superannuation and how incremental pay increases already worked, but the government certainly spun it well. Also, obviously, it means nothing to those who joined the profession after the deal was negotiated.

Then again, they haven't announced specifics of how these newly announced increases will work yet so it may well end up being less than imagined in a similar way.

The only part of the new NHS pay deal that is actually anything meaningful is faster, steadier and guaranteed progression through each band from bottom to top pay increment... which is excellent for newly qualified nurses and anyone getting a band promotion - but actually leaves the nurses with the MOST years under their belt (the ones already at top-of-band) out in the cold.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote